Board of Directors Overview
The Board of Lake Ridge Academy has the ultimate responsibility for our school.The Board is responsible for the integrity of the school, the standing and reputation built by its founders and by those who have labored over the years.The Board holds in trust the school’s future as well as its present.
- Preparing a clear statement of the mission of the school’s philosophy.
- Establishing policies under which the President will administer the school.
- Overseeing and ultimate accountability for fiscal affairs of the school including assets represented by buildings and grounds.
- Developing and implementing the Long-Range Plan.
- Making early contributions to annual and capital fund drives.
- Recommending the school, as appropriate, to prospective families and students.
- Avoiding conflict of interest and the appearance of conflict of interest in all activities on behalf of the school.
2016-2017 Board of Directors
- Rebecca Ruppert McMahon, Chair
- Thomas J. Dresing, MD, '83 Vice-Chair
- Michelle J. Belardo, MD, FACOG, Secretary
- Benjamin P. Norton, Treasurer
- Raymond Bobgan
- Don R. Esch
- Amelia Farago
- Cole Fauver '79
- Vicenta C. Gaspar-Yoo, MD, MBA
- Laurie Gatten, CPA
- Patrick Harrington
- Paula Janmey
- Donald W. Kaatz '70
- Vaughn Kauffman
- Andrea Manning
- Joesph F. Miclat '90
- Clare Navratil
- Joyesh Raj, MD, FACS '89
- Michael J. Sherwin
- Robert C. Smith
- Ed Spellman
The Committee on Directors coordinates the identification, cultivation, recruitment, and orientation of new directors; renominates sitting directors; nominates officers; facilitates Board self-assessment; identifies the Board’s needs for education and training; and organizes recognition of individual directors.
The Development Committee coordinates the school’s fundraising activities; advises the Board on financial goals of annual and other campaigns; reviews case statements; facilitates Board and other volunteer fund and friend raising activities; raises funds.
The Finance Committee works in concert with staff to develop long-range financial plans and annual budgets, sets tuition levels for Board approval, monitors budget, makes periodic reports to the Board, facilitates annual audit.
The Marketing and Enrollment Committee reviews admission policies, marketing literature, ads and campaigns, the website, the master calendar for school promotion, and strategies for recruiting students and doing ongoing cultivation of families.
Ad Hoc Committees may be appointed by the Board Chair for such special tasks as circumstances may warrant. Such ad hoc committees shall limit their activities to the accomplishment of the particular tasks for which they are created.Upon completion of its assigned task, each such ad hoc committee shall stand discharged.