Lake Ridge Academy's Mission
To send into a changing world confident young people of integrity who think critically and creatively while embracing the joy of lifelong learning.
Statement of Philosophy
We dedicate ourselves to helping one another create a community that recognizes every individual's abilities and aspirations for earning and giving respect, developing an inner sense of integrity, appreciating the value of nurturing scholarship appropriate for each developmental stage of learning, and understanding what constitutes doing one's personal best in attending to the challenges of each day.
These core values are intended to shape and define our educational experiences each and every day. The school philosophy mirrors the Lake Ridge Academy vision of learning as an active engagement of the whole person. The importance of both the intellectual and emotional growth of each person are equally emphasized within our community.
- Students possess different styles, modes, and abilities of learning. Thus, our teaching methods are varied to make every reasonable attempt to meet the needs of each student given the parameters.
- Students develop along a continuum. We recognize that each child does not acquire the same skills and knowledge at the same time.
- All persons are to be sincerely respected. Students learn best in a respectful, caring, and safe community that encourages risk taking, diversity of thought, and active learning.
- Students and teachers should strive towards excellence in all they do with personal integrity and maximum effort.
- Scholarship embodies the full breadth of learning experiences, including academic, artistic, athletic, and performance experiences.
- Social, emotional, and academic development are interconnected and equally important.
State of The School Address
Each year, a State of the School Address is given to openly communicate the financial, strategic and academic status of Lake Ridge Academy to our community. Click here to read the 2016 State of the School Address.