New Public Service Scholarship Program Available
Lake Ridge Academy is pleased to support our community by announcing the availability of a small number of high school scholarships for the children of active public service employees including police officers, firefighters, paramedics, and military personnel. These scholarships will be awarded to students with a strong track record of academic achievement, who have at least one parent who is a full-time public service employee. The awarded scholarships will substantially reduce the annual tuition for the duration of the student's education at Lake Ridge Academy.
College counseling begins in 9th grade at Lake Ridge Academy. The highly personalized process seeks to find the right college fit for each student. All of our graduates attend a 4-year college, and more than 70% are accepted at their first choice. Recent graduates have matriculated to Case Western Reserve University, The University of Chicago, Oberlin College, The Ohio State University, Baldwin Wallace University, The University of Michigan, The University of Pennsylvania, New York University, and Rochester Institute of Technology, among many others. The 50 students in our 2018 graduating class earned over $4.1 million in college scholarships, averaging $80,000 per student.
The Upper School (grades 9-12) offers small classes, passionate teachers, and numerous competitive athletic programs and student clubs. Students with a passion for the fine arts, scientific research, engineering or the humanities can participate in unique graduation certificate programs that give them the opportunity to pursue college-level academics through specialized coursework and independent long-term research projects.
The newly-opened Kemper Science and Engineering Building provides state-of-the-art facilities to our students including a fabrication lab outfitted with 3-D printers and computerized machinery, a greenhouse, and laboratories that rival many college campuses.
Public Service Scholarship Eligibility
- Students who are new to the Lake Ridge community, academically eligible, and entering 9th, 10th, or 11th grade will be considered.
- Students must apply and be admitted through the regular admissions process.
- Scholarship recipients are not eligible prospects for the Family Referral Program.
- Proof of public service employment will be required.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with priority consideration given to applications for the 2019-2020 school year if received by February 1, 2019.