As the only private, independent K-12 day school on the West Side of Cleveland, Lake Ridge Academy is both a school with exceedingly high scholarship, and a school where every student is known well and supported by his or her teachers and other adults. Every adult on campus contributes to our culture, regardless of his or her formal role at the school; we look for employees who want to spend their time in a school environment and build relationships with our students. We seek qualified candidates with high emotional intelligence and a history of flexibility, collaboration, and openness. For every opening, we seek to attract candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Why Lake Ridge Academy
The best things about working at Lake Ridge Academy are the sense of community, of contributing to the success of our students, and the opportunity to align your professional life with a passion for helping young people. Our salaries are competitive, and our employee benefits for full-time employees include subsidized health insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan. In addition, Lake Ridge Academy provides generous tuition remission for qualified children of full-time employees.
Social Studies Teacher
Lake Ridge Academy is seeking a full-time upper school social studies instructor for the 2023-2024 school year. The ideal candidate will have experience and/or specific interest in teaching world history, economics, entrepreneurship, and/or social justice.
- Teach three sections of 10th grade world history, one section of AP Economics, and an elective with a focus in entrepreneurship and/or social justice
- Meet students for individual help outside of class
- Serve as advisor to 8-10 upper school students
- Participate in designing, and assume responsibility for, a new course of study in entrepreneurship
- Participate in extracurricular life of school, including coaching an athletic team and/or sponsoring a club
- Participate in faculty committees and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in history or related field
- Certified, or qualified and willing to become certified, in AP Macroeconomics and AP Microeconomics
- Evidence of successful experience teaching primary sources, research and writing skills
- A love for working with students, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to contribute to a collaborative and close-knit teaching environment
- Possess a strong commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience coaching athletics at high school or middle school level
- Experience coaching mock trial
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] by April 3, 2023. Lake Ridge Academy will provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, age, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic background or country of origin. Salary is commensurate with other independent schools in the Midwest and benefits include a generous tuition remission package.
Part Time Accounting Specialist
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, perform a variety of Accounts Receivable tasks to ensure the integrity and reliability of the financial records and reports of Lake Ridge Academy. Assist in cash management, collections, and state aid functions. To read the full job responsabilities, click here. Lake Ridge Academy will provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, age, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic background or country of origin. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] .
School Bus Drivers
Lake Ridge Academy, an independent K-12 college preparatory school, is seeking route and substitute bus drivers. Duties could include regular route coverage as well as afternoon athletic trips. The attendance of all mandatory training as recommended by the state and our school is required. Interested parties must possess a valid Ohio class B school bus driver’s license with air brake endorsement and a current Ohio Pre Service School Bus Driving Certificate. Candidates will be subject to all federal, state and local background checks. Pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing are mandatory.
Qualified candidates who have a satisfactory driving record, excellent background checks and are well recommended. Interested candidates should offer a resume and references to [email protected].
Accepting applications for certified teachers to substitute grades K-8. An excellent opportunity for new teachers to build a curriculum vitae, or experienced teachers to keep their skills fresh. Please submit resumes via email to: [email protected] or mail to: Lake Ridge Academy, 37501 Center Ridge Road, North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039.
Lake Ridge Academy provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, age, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic background or country of origin.