Lake Ridge Academy accepts the EdChoice Scholarship for all eligible students. Every Ohio student in grades K-12 is eligible for an EdChoice scholarship on a decreasing pro-rated scale based on a family’s income. Eligibility is determined by the state of Ohio under its guidelines, and once a student qualifies with the state, the scholarship remains in place through 12th grade, provided the student remains eligible. All families who request need-based tuition assistance from Lake Ridge must also apply for EdChoice, and your EdChoice award will be factored into your need-based tuition assistance package.
To claim your EdChoice Scholarship, families must:
- Apply here and be admitted to Lake Ridge Academy.
- Research which EdChoice scholarship would be best for your family: Traditional EdChoice, or EdChoice expansion. Under the Traditional EdChoice scholarship program, no income verification is required, and all eligible families receive the maximum scholarship amount. However, students MUST meet the criteria for the Traditional EdChoice Scholarship, as outlined here. Students from the designated school list do not need income verification.
- Verify your income through the state, if you are applying to the EdChoice expansion program. Here is a step-by-step guide to the state’s income verification process.
- Submit to Lake Ridge Academy a completed EdChoice Scholarship Program Request Form along with the child’s birth certificate and proof of current address (current month utility bill or monthly mortgage statement less than 90 days old). Lake Ridge will then submit your EdChoice Scholarship application on your behalf.
- Enroll in Lake Ridge Academy! Once your EdChoice Scholarship application is approved, you will be issued a contract that reflects your scholarship amount, along with any additional scholarship or need-based aid you may receive.
For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship, please visit the Ohio Department of Education’s website for parents. For questions about EdChoice at Lake Ridge Academy, please contact Mr. Isaiah Cavaco, Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, at [email protected].